CREATIONS INSPIRATIONS

Create Movie 300 like illustrations in few steps with Gimp.

I'm a huge fan of Movie 300, I've watched this movie like many times and still i don't get bore of it, and I thing that's the magic of this movie. Getting inspired by special effects of this movie I was helplessly trying to find out ways to create environment and effects like they've provided in movie. And then God heard me. I came to know that there's a plugin "Movie 300" in "Gimp Plugin Registry". So without any delay I downloaded that plugin and created my first masterpiece "orion"[take a look]. And then as I always do, writing this tutorial to make sure that every reader of mine knows how to do this. So in today's tutorial I'm going to show you how to achieve this Movie 300 effect with pre-made plugins in few steps.
Let's get started then...

Resources:
Image from HERE
Movie 300 script from HERE
and Gimp 2.6

Step 1: Open this image in Gimp. (or you can use your own image).





Step 2: In this step I'll add some background to this image to give it some base. (Note: You can skip this step if your image already have background). To get a more dramatic and crazy effect i'll add a combination of dark and light colors. So following is the image after adding a background.



Step 3: Now Open Filters>>Artistic>>Movie 300. This ill open the setting windows for this effect. [Note: I hope you've already installed the script from the source to your system. If not then follow this tutorial here on how to install plugins and script in Gimp for Linux.]. Don't touch any setting just press "OK" and let the script do it's work.





After applying the effect our image is ready to go. Here's the final image....


Cool eh....Enjoy and please comment and share if you like it...

POSTED BY Unknown
DISCUSSION 1 Comment

One Response to : Create Movie 300 like illustrations in few steps with Gimp.

  1. CRAP! what actually you did? :p

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wait wait wait. Please don't close this box.It won't take long.

Take few seconds and please follow any of 3 options below.

Subscribe AND Follow

Keep youself updated.