CREATIONS INSPIRATIONS

Easiest Way to Create Vector Art with Gimp.

I love vector arts and that's why I always wanted to create some. But unfortunately were very few tutorials for vector art. Even now a days you will not find a easy and beginner level tutorial for creating a perfect vector image from original image. But no more worries, cause ultimately I've found the best and easiest method to do that.





Resources:

  • Gimp 2.6 or better
  • Gimp G'Mic
  • Any picture you want to convert in to vector. I'm using THIS image in this tutorial.

Ok so let's get started--

Step 1: Load your image in Gimp.



Step 2: Now open Filters>>G'Mic.



Step 3: Now in the G'Mic window open Enhancement>>Bilateral Filtering, And apply with default setting.



Result of this step is as below:



That's smooth right, But we want vector apply the Bilateral Filter again.


ok apply once more (application of the filter depend upon the result. If you get desired result earlier than you can go to next step.)



So out image is now turned into vector illustration. Now what...Let's add the finalizing effect.

Step 4: Open Fx-Foundry>>Photo>>Effects>>Cross Processing Effect. Check the flatten image box and apply.



And the Final result after this effect is as given below:


Who says vector is hard work??? Enjoy...

POSTED BY Unknown
DISCUSSION 98 Comments

98 Responses to : Easiest Way to Create Vector Art with Gimp.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow! wow! wow! thank you. I made one of myself and I wont hesitate to use it:)

  2. Xo Ox says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Anonymous says:

    This has the look of vector art, but it isn't vector art, which would let you edit the vector object.

  4. wonderful blog, like this ...........

  5. Anonymous says:

    Thank you for the tutorial. I wasn't aware of G'MIC.

  6. Thanks for sharing this information its really nice.

    vector free

  7. Unknown says:

    this isn't vector art, please don't fool the graphic newbies

    you might as well rename this tutorial into "cartoon gimp filters tutorial"
    vector art allows you to zoom in and zoom out without pixelating the image. all the edges and filling and gradients are saved algorithmically in vector art.

    this is just filters.

  8. Unknown says:

    am i the only one that don't have Bilateral Filtering in my g mic? Damn really frustrating when no one comes across the same problem you you r

  9. gladtobegrey says:

    This is emphatically NOT producing a vector graphic. You are misleading yourself and others. Shame.

  10. This isn't vector art! I was initially excited about a beginning vector tut until I got to step 2.... :/

  11. Chad says:

    I don't think you know what Vector Graphic's are.

  12. Anonymous says:

    I am dissatisfied :(

  13. Anonymous says:

    Creating "vector art" requires you to map out the image as a set of discrete objects such that detail is infinitely scalable.

    It's not a f'ing cel-shaded artistic style, it's a technical format.

    If you actually want to do it like this (conversion), you'll want to open the final file in InkScape or similar and use the "Bitmap Trace" tool.

    Have a read here for more info:

    http://www.wikihow.com/Trace-an-Image-Using-Inkscape

  14. Anonymous says:

    I cant find the G'mic thing. My filters menu doesn't have that :( I'm taking commissions on deviantART for OC MLP FiM ponies and after doing all the work someone refused to pay me because the pony wasn't in "vectors" (I don't even know what that means) I don't have my own internet, I use my library's, and they don't have Adobe Illustrator or that Inkscape and they have a lock on all computers that don't let you download anything. Even the librarians cant lift the lock. I was looking around for a way that GIMP can make vectors because that's all the library computers will give me and I got all excited when I found this. But then I couldn't find g'mic in my GIMP window :( is there any other way? Not InkScape or Adobe Illustrator. I don't care how much extra work it is in GIMP, I'd like to have the option.

  15. Anonymous says:

    Anonymous from the library, you can apparently not do real vectors in Gimp. You should probably get your own computer, too. You can get something decent to do some basic graphics (definitely better than the average library computer, I know cause I worked in one) for around 300$. To know what vectors are, you should search about them (just google "vector graphics", or "vector graphics vs raster graphics").

    And to use the plugin the author is talking about, you have to download and install it, which you probably can't do in your computer either.

    I feel sorry you did work for someone and didn't get paid, but the person probably mentioned somewhere he or she wanted it in vectors. If it is the case, it is your fault for not knowing what you're doing. Take some time to learn more, and know what you can or cannot do.

    And this article disappointed me. I was trying to find a way to do real vectors in Gimp, but I guess there's no way to do it.

  16. Wow!!! great tutorial & nice blog. Thanks

  17. Anonymous says:

    I'm a bit disappointed. I thought I would have found a vector tutorial, but this is not vector graphics. Maybe you should change the post name.

  18. Anonymous says:

    Sorry but this is not producing Vector Graphics. Please change the title into "Converting real photo to comicstyle - Tutorial" or extend your tutorial so that it covers the conversion in Inkscape as well.

    regards,
    Jan

  19. Anonymous says:

    Would be nice with a new version of this article compatible with GMIC in 2015

  20. Unknown says:

    Waw! Nice post. I want to thank you for this great article. You are really expert on vector art. I think, you are know about Raster To Vector Service.

  21. Unknown says:

    Wow!!! great tutorial & nice blog.
    I can draw vector cartoon character’s for you.

    https://goo.gl/SJHiFV

  22. Unknown says:

    Great informative article. Thanks for sharing this insightful post.Hope you will share new informative post on background removal service. Thanks again

  23. Anonymous says:

    The Eaay way to create vector Art is really simple annd nice.I do no know whether this comment will be seen. I started to do these steps in my Computer . But I could not find the Menu 'Enhancements' in GMIC which I recently downloaded in 2017. Please guide me.- Eureka

  24. This comment has been removed by the author.
  25. Unknown says:

    Nice work and great experience share.
    clipping path

  26. Thank you for a informative post.

  27. It's a very charming thing to my guy reason its need to mine . Glad to see it here . Thank you .

  28. Sorry to say this is not vector arts. You can say this comic style theme but its not cartoon. I will be glad if you fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.

  29. This comment has been removed by the author.
  30. Independent clipping path says:

    Master piece of vector arts. image background is perfectly adjust with image.

  31. This comment has been removed by the author.
  32. I really enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.

  33. That was a great and comprehensive article…all the tips enumerated and explained will be helpful for those who are wise enough to tap from it. Any business nowadays without social media signals and presence may not make it to the outermost and investment too is part of the key to success in business.

  34. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it.You’re doing a great job. Keep it up

  35. This comment has been removed by the author.
  36. Seriously i am glad to read this tutorial. Thanks for sharing this type of useful tutorial with us.

  37. Great post, Through this I got a good idea.
    Thank you so much for sharing it.

    You can know more about photo editing related to it here.

  38. Nice post. Information will be helpful for me.photoshop services

  39. Lot of Photoshop tutorials I have read on Create Vector Art. I am really impressed to this tutorial. I just want to include one thing “Without exercise, practice and experience, the talent is of no use” and You did it. Thank you.
    Photo And Image Editing | Clipping Mask | Image Masking Services | Ghost Mannequin Services | Photo Retouching Services |

  40. That's a great post on art. Thank you so much for it from ecommerce photo editing service provider


  41. That's an impressive and a great article. Thank you very much for it from e-commerce photo editing service provider

  42. Very good post. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

  43. ed meds says:

    You could definitely see your skills within the article you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.

  44. Right here is the right site for everyone who wishes to find out about this topic. You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that has been discussed for decades. Wonderful stuff, just great!

  45. I am new visitor of your blog, thank you for sharing this valuable information. I’m looking forward for your upcoming blogs.

  46. I wanted to thank this blog owner for such a great article. Here is attached some best content for your audience
    Photo Editing Service

  47. Great post on the Easiest Way to Create Vector Art with Gimp! Thank you so much!
    How To Set GIF As Wallpaper On Windows 10

  48. Vector art is getting advance with new tools and some of them used it for Digitizing. Thank you for your post i will follow you for more updates.


  49. This is a really informative article. I really enjoy this and hope I will get this type of informative article. I'm a photo editor you can check it out.

    Remove White Background
    Photo Masking

  50. This is genius! Thankyou for sharing this.


  51. Great article! Commenting on a blog is an educated car enhancement service
    skill that relies on a very well-explained and obvious reason for some of the situations that are particularly favorable for commenting on a blog. Thanks,

  52. Thanks for sharing this Content. I really appreciate you.

  53. Good Post! Thank you so much for sharing this pretty post, it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as updated one, keep blogging.

    Drop Shadow Service

  54. The contents you mentioned in the post are too good and very useful.american eagle bulk ammo I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating further

  55. Very nice tutorial! thanks for sharing with us.

    Best Regards,

    image masking service
    Raster to Vector service

  56. Thanks for sharing. Our Raster to vector services will convert any raster image to vector. Our turnaround time is very less as compare to others.

  57. Great article.
    This post will be of great help to me.
    If you want you can get more ideas from here.
    Clipping Experts India
    Thank you

  58. Unknown says:

    Yet the old time fairy tale, having served for generations, may now be classed as “historical” in the children’s library; for the time has come for a series of newer “wonder tales” in which the stereotyped genie, dwarf and fairy are eliminated, together with all the horrible and blood-curdling incidents devised by their authors to point a fearsome moral to each tale. Modern education includes morality; therefore the modern child seeks only entertainment in its wonder tales and gladly dispenses with all disagreeable incident.

    L. Frank Baum, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", 2

  59. Thanks for sharing your knowledge to Easiest Way to Create Vector Art with Gimp. Hopefully you will continue share your post with us.

    Thanks
    Shadow Creation Service

  60. Hi there, thank you for sharing such great informative post with us. It is really helpful.
    dishwasher repairing services in rawalpindi

  61. Nice tutorial.

    To edit your photos perfectly at a reasonable price visit our site:
    Product Photo Editing

  62. I read your article last night and it's so amazing. I have shared it with my friends. I hope you will publish more articles like this. People who are willing to travel to Turkey. They can apply for an e visa Turkey from the website. You need an internet connection and valid documents. Travelers can apply from anywhere in the world.

  63. I have read so many posts concerning the blogger lovers however this post is truly a pleasant paragraph. I enjoyed everything... The person who wants to visit Turkey needs a Turkey e visa to enter the country. The process of Turkish e visa is easy and simple, the application for the e visa of Turkey is easy to fill out for everyone.

  64. This easy-to-use guide will help you quickly and easily create amazing vector art. This book starts with the basics of Gimp and how to use the tool to its full potential. The reader will learn how to use Gimp to make a vector graphic, to convert it into a different file format, and to make it look like a drawin

  65. Anonymous says:

    Professional SEO services that boost your website's visibility and rankings on search engines. We offer keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, content creation, and technical SEO solutions. Drive organic traffic and grow your online presence with our comprehensive SEO services. Contact us today for a free consultation

  66. Jennifer says:

    Wonderful post. Love your vector art services. Thank you very much...!

  67. Wow! This blog post is truly captivating! Your distinctive writing style pleasantly surprised me. Excellent job! Keep up the fantastic work. Feel free checking out this information. Unlock new horizons with Turkish Citizenship! Experience rich history, stunning landscapes, and a welcoming culture. Enjoy visa-free travel to 110+ countries and a promising future for you and your family.

  68. That's great to hear! Finding a reliable and professional digitizing service can make all the difference in achieving high-quality embroidery results. It's important to do your research and choose a service that meets your needs and standards.

  69. antonio brown gisele! was born on July 10, 1988, and raised in Miami, Florida with his siblings. Antonio Brown Gisele age is 31 years old and now he is a retired Arena Football League star

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wait wait wait. Please don't close this box.It won't take long.

Take few seconds and please follow any of 3 options below.

Subscribe AND Follow

Keep youself updated.